THE CORE PROGRAM
All first-year students at CVU are enrolled in the Core Program, which includes the following elements:
- Performance standards based on CVU's Expectations for Student Learning.
- Learning activities focused on the achievement of these Expectations at a very high level by all students.
- Assessments given prior to CVU entry as well as ongoing assessments, which help teachers, guidance counselors, parents, and student work together.
The five Essential Core Components are:
- Interdisciplinary connections
- Teams of teachers with the same students, heterogeneously grouped
- Core student numbers under 90
- Close relationships with students and family
- Rigorous academic focus
Visit the Core homepages:
|Chittenden Core ||Fairbanks Core |
|Nichols Core ||Snelling Core |